Wednesday 23 November 2011

Target Audience

To find out how to target the right audience, I created a survey with specific questions on surveymonkey.com.

Here is the link to my survey. 

After promoting my survey on blog and facebook, I analyzed my results to find out my target audience. 

The majority of people that took my survey were female and between the ages of 10-25.


The preferred genre of music is indie, pop, and acoustic.

Here are the results for ideas for conventions of an indie video.

The most popular locations were forest, beach and sand dunes.
The most popular prop was a guitar, but all the results were a bit vague so i think it would be better not to have any props.

Most people think that it would be better to have both performance and narrative in the video, or just performance. 

Most people who took the survey thought it would be better not to have any special effects in the video
There wasn't much difference between whether people wanted extended footage or not but slightly more people didn't want it.
Most people wanted to have some instruments being played at some point.

After collecting this data, I have found that Chelsea is an example of my target audience. She is an 17 year old student, studying English, Finance and Business Studies. She likes shopping at such shops like topshop, urban outfitters, new look and HMV. She likes indie music from Ellie Goulding, Mumford and Sons, The Kinks and Florence and the Machine. Her favourite films are Twilight, The Hunger Games, Dear John and The Notebook. These are more main stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment