Thursday 7 July 2011

Placebo- Pure Morning

This is the music video for Placebo- Pure Morning. This video has more of a structured story line than any of the others i have looked at before. The location of the video in a city for the singers apparent suicide goes well with the depressing lyrics of the song. 
I loves the multiple establishing shots for each of the scenes and the abstract nature of the close ups is really effective and sets the surreal mood. I also really like the backwards 'placebo' sign written on the door in the first shot, fitting in well with the strange feel of the video.

I love how this video is all in slightly slow motion, making it seem as though were in a dream. His hair blowing in the wind is also effective and ethereal. This angle works really well as he turns his head up to be more in the shot.

I like the pull focus in this shot which adds to the chaos bellow.

This shot is really nice as it if from the point of view of the news reporter's camera, adding an other layer to the video and the realism to it. The realism of this is slight discordant with the rest of the dream like video.

I really like how the buildings in front of him are out of focus in this shot, making the audience focus on the character. His simple black clothing contrasts well to his pale skin and fits in with the colours of the video. 
I really like this long panning shot over the building, panning over him from birds eye view, to the see the street below, showing how high up he is. I think this is a really powerful angle and shot.

I really like this shot as this is the first time you get a clear shot of his face from straight on. He is also lip syncing slightly to the song for the first time as well.


I really like this extreme close up of this clenched hand, as it shows the build up of tension in the video.
This being shot from the perspective of just behind the singer makes the act of jumping seem more personal to the audience. I also like how you can see the ambulance in the same shot on the street bellow.

I really like the angle of this shot, having the building up right, while the singer walks down it. The effects used here as quite impressive as well.


I like how the the video ends with a shot of the police tape, linking back to the beginning of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment