Thursday 7 July 2011

Marina and the Diamond- I am Not a Robot



I like how there is a pause before the music comes in the begging, starting out of focus before shifting into it. The shimmering glitter adds intrigue to the shot before you can clearly make it out, and the whole set up is very atmospheric.

The way it cuts from different shots and distances if very effective and adds to the epic atmosphere created by simple props and makeup.

I like this sweeping motion that introduces a new theme and scene in the video. The wind effect adds more epicness.
The back lighting in this shot is really nice as it just highlights some of her features and creates a lovely silhouette effect.

I love the shadowy effect caused by the lighting on this close up. I also like the clear focus used. The angle highlights her clear lip syncing as well.

Some parts have been sped up which fits in well with the music tempo and it makes the effects from wind machine, like her billowing hair, even more effective.  
I like how this shot works with the beat of the music, working in time with it. I also love the extreme close up of the eyes closing, which i think its really nice.
i like the slow pan of the close up, that adds to the sweeping epic feel of the video and fits with the mood of the song. I also like the plain background creating a nice effect with her out of focus hair.

This video was really simply created but work really well but having lots of different settings and a multitude of makeup and themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment