Monday 3 October 2011

Indesign Research 1

Before I make my own Digi pack,  I wanted to have some experience on Indesign, so I made some practice digi packs to get better aquatinted with the software.  

First, I found an artist similar to the genre i want my music to be, so i chose Marina and the Diamonds. I imported photos into Indesign and resized them to fit into the pemplate for a digi pack.  I wanted the photos i used to be in keeping with the same theme throughout the album, so it would appear to be a professional album. Because of this, I used all black and white photos. For the front of the album, I included the title of the artist and the name of the album, as this was in keeping with what all albums in my research did. 


For the back cover, I created a text box and included the track list from Marina's album. I used the font Savoye LET as I felt as though it was in keeping with the tone of the album. I also got an image of a bar code and sony's logo to make it look more professional. 



For the inside cover, I found lyrics of one of the songs from the track list. I used an image that wouldn't distracted too much from the writing but was still interesting.
For the CD, I imported an image and resized and cropped it to fit the template.
To create the text that goes around the CD, I used the Ellipse Tool to create a circle around the edge of the CD. 
I changed the stroke weight to 0pt so that the circle wouldn't show up.

Then i selected the 'Type on a Path Tool' so that i could write around the circle.
I then decided the that the coloured lights in the photo didn't work as well with the rest of the CD, so I changed it to black and white on photoshop. 
This was my finished CD.
I went back onto my open Indesign file of the CD booklet and selected the place option and put the CD image in.
This is my finished design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment