Wednesday 22 June 2011

30 Seconds to Mars- Attack

This is the video for 30 Seconds to Mars- Attack. It is rather a simple video, made impressive by the clever use of effects and lighting. As I am on a small budget, these are the sort of tactics I should consider. 

I really like this establishing shot as the bright lights that flash illuminate the scene briefly, adding intrigue to the shot. It also fits in well with the slightly dark tone to the song.  Also, having it far away and the pillars cornering in the band's instruments makes the video seem more intimate. Having the video take place in a warehouse i think works really well with the gritty tone of the song.

I really like this shot as the lens flare caused by the light is really effect and goes well with the dark green colours of the video.

The camera angles used helps make the simple concept visually interesting. I really like this shot as the sepia colours and the plain background highlights his key features and his heavy makeup accentuates this even more.

I like the use of words quickly flickering over the screen and goes well with the erie tone of the video.
The constant colour shifts in this video really work well with the powerful song. The constant movement of the camera and different angles makes the video flow well and compliment the music.

The use of odd scenes in black and white is really effective and i would like to use this in my video.
I really like the scratchy effect used and the way it seems like it had been drawn over. This is a constant effect throughout the video and reflects the surreal feel to the music.
I love the effects used in this close up, making it seem like it had been painted over. The fact that they constantly shift and change over the shot, adding a jittery feel to the video.

I like the way in this video some of the footage seems to be prosperously damaged, to create this colourful blurred effect flickering over the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment